Congratulations to Giulia Agnello for successfully defending her thesis, “Development of Human Enzymes for Amino Acid Depletion Therapy,” April 2016. Giulia has accepted a Research Scientist position at Aeglea Biotherapeutics, Inc.
Congratulations to alum Dr. Navin Varadarajan on being promoted to Associate Professor at University of Houston! http://singlecell.chee.uh.edu/
Researchers at The University of Texas at Austin, including Texas ChE’s Dr. George Georgiou and Dr. Jennifer Maynard, successfully culminated years of work when a drug they engineered for the treatment and prevention of inhalational anthrax — the anthrax antitoxin obiltoxaximab — received approval March 21 from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Part of the molecule was engineered at UT Austin before being licensed to New Jersey-based pharmaceutical company Elusys Therapeutics for further development. It will be sold under the name Anthim.
- The Institute contributes to COVID-19 study of convalescent...June 5, 2020 - 4:11 PM
- Our Covid Research Featured on NIH Director’s Blo...May 18, 2021 - 4:40 PM
- The Institute a Member of the Nationwide NIH COVID-19 S...October 8, 2020 - 11:25 PM
- Drs. Ippolito and Lavinder featured in the Austin American...September 23, 2020 - 2:17 PM
- Institute Develops Antibody Test for COVID-19 That is Sensitive,...September 13, 2020 - 4:19 PM